Do you feel like you eat the same foods all the time? Do you get bored making the same foods for yourself or your family? Are you ready to change it up?
I have worked with many people, especially those who try to eat healthy, who seem to stick to the same foods day in and day out. Not only can this be unsatisfying, but it can also prevent your gut from becoming as healthy as it can be. Healthy foods put healthy bacteria into your gut. By eating a variety of foods, you are helping to populate your gut with the “good guys.”
According to Dr. Andrew Weil, “It is important to vary your diet to make sure that you are covering all your nutritional bases and that you’re not getting too much of any one thing.”
Why is eating too much of one thing bad?
Dr. Weil says, “It may be possible to develop intolerances to foods you eat often – you may find you are less able to digest them than you used to be or that you react badly to some of them.”
Here are some of my tips to mix up your routine, try new foods, and improve your gut health.
- When you go to the grocery store, pick out one new food for the week from the produce department. Choose something that you have never had or haven’t had in a long time.
- Try this Healing Grocery List created by Dr. Axe. It will expand your options for healthy foods to incorporate into your diet. http://draxe.s3.amazonaws.com/Ebooks/Dr.%20Axe%20-%20Healing%20Food%20Shopping%20List.pdf
- Start eating fermented foods. You might have to do your own research to learn how to make your own or find someone who makes them. What’s more, it’s so important that we are not only eating fermented foods, but a variety of fermented food. We can’t just drink Kombucha or eat yogurt regularly and think we have all of our bases covered. https://draxe.com/fermented-foods/
- Incorporate more plant-based meals into your weekly routine. If you are looking for more recipes, please checkout https://teattotable.net/recipes/
- Contact me for my Health Family Meal Plan. I will meet with you over four 1-hour sessions to make some lasting changes in you and your family’s life. We can also make Kombucha together! (563) 355-7411.