The best way to loose and maintain weight is to keep healthy, low-fat diet, regularly exercise, avoid stress and keep a steady schedule. Unfortunately, these ideal conditions don’t work for everyone and they are definitely very difficult to keep up with. In this case, weight loss shakes may be a good way to leap into your diet, and start to shed those few pounds to start you going.
Weight loss shakes or meal replacement shakes are designed to replace one or two of your daily meals. Meal replacement shakes are specially formulated for weight loss and weight maintenance. These shakes are designed to give you a wide range of essential nutrients in a low calorie meal substitute, rich in proteins and low in carbohydrates (typically 2:1 ratio). A good MRP shake contains both carbohydrates and protein and between 200 and 400 calories.
Pros and cons of Weight Loss Shakes
- Food replacements shakes as effective for weight loss as convectional weight loss diet. Some studies actually suggest that replacing at least one meal a day with weight loss shakes is more efficient than following a regular food-based weight loss diet.
- People using diet shakes in general feel more positive about dieting because of their convenience comparing to traditional food diet.
- Weight loss shakes help to keep a tight control over calorie intake.
- It is probably the easiest way to get that needed protein. It is easy to prepare, and easy to follow. One of only a few easy diet options available for those who have to spend their lunchtime at the desk.
- Meal replacement food can be very well balanced, providing you with all the required nutrition for your body, including 23 vitamins and minerals, fiber, and protein.
- Weight loss shakes will keep you fuller for longer periods of time, so it will be easier to resist hunger cravings throughout the day.
- Whole foods provide a better nutrition supplement for our bodies than meal replacements. There is no doubt that nutrient content of weight loss shake can’t be equal to a full meal’s ones. Weight loss drinks do not possess a diverse range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that full meals do.
- Meal replacements drinks do not promote a healthy lifestyle. Using real food helps you to make choices which helps in maintaining weight loss. Weight loss shakes do not teach you how to adjust your diet in order to achieve the desirable results. Therefore it is easy to gain all the lost weight after you go back to regular food diet.
- The use of weight loss shakes might get boring, especially if you enjoy food and eating. The diet shakes come only in a limited number of flavors, which again can become boring with time.
- Meal replacement drinks will not help you to build your muscles to strengthen your body.
As with many other diet supplements, weight loss shakes are certainly not a panacea, but when used wisely, they definitely can help you in the beginning of your weight loss journey. It allows you in a relatively easy way to see the results considerably fast. If you have any questions regarding weight loss shakes, looking for a suitable diet or considering changing your lifestyle to healthier recipes one please contact our specialists at Mandala Integrative Medicine. We are always ready to help!
Related links for Health in Davenport Iowa: